Wednesday 12 March 2014

Politics and Policing, and politics in policing.

We are repeatedly told that the introduction of policing and crime commissioners have no bearing on policing matters, we are also told that the PCC has no interaction with operational policing, it appears that this isn't quite the truth......

The recent tantrum held in parliament by our MP, Timbo Loughton has proved that our police are now controlled by politicians, whether they admit this or not.

Who's in bed with who?

I understand that a potential candidate for the position of Chief Constable, has a fair amount at stake by ignoring the thoughts of the PCC, but this is clearly political correctness control of our police force, gone mad

The recent outcome of the committee for over privileged politicians, made it clear that Loughton's PIN should not contain any "protected" abuse, but could clearly be amended to include the numerous other infringements of our civil liberties, bu tit appears that Sussex police have decided just to remove it altogether.

Timmy will be happy! Oh, wait a minute, he might not be that happy, because he seems to think that I should have been sent to a gulag or something for daring to wrote my personal thoughts in a blog, expressing my right to freedom of speech (which is like a kind of parliamentary privilege for the hoi polloi).

You see, Sussex police have also revoked the pin issued to myself as well.

Click to read in full.

While I appreciate the acknowledgement that I have committed no crime by retaliating against the abuse and lies distributed by Loughton and his mates, the PIN itself was of no real consequence, as it is nothing more than a placebo.

It is nice that Sussex Police accept that even and fair treatment is the right thing to do, it's just a shame that they didn't consider this when they made an appointment to speak to Loughton for half an hour, yet they sent a gang of yobs to my home to beat and arrest me, ransack my home and treat me like a criminal. I think that they expect me to be grateful for an apology for this "inconvenience", I don't think so somehow.

The letter makes it patently clear that the PCCs decision to involve herself in matters outside of her remit, has played a part in the decision to review the use of threatening letters sent to innocent people.

Nobody has even thought to ask why these "harassment" letters were sent during an investigation into Malicious Communications, as they are two very different laws. Not that I'm suggesting for a minute that Loughton shouldn't have received a warning for his abysmal behaviour and the abuse he clearly instigated and was responsible for, but a letter that a normal person would receive was a step in the right direction.

Now the question that needs to be asked is what they intend to do now. Because these letters and the mediation offer was Sussex Police's way of bringing this matter to a close, and with the removal of these letters, and the fact that Loughton was too chicken to sit in front of me and explain why he is such a liar, there is clearly no line remaining and so this continues. I expect to continue to receive abuse from Loughton and his pathetic little acolytes, and in return I will blog, as is my right. Free speech is not quite the same as parliamentary privilege, but as long as it is clear that everything I write is merely my thoughts and opinions there should be no problems, it would be nice to have the ability to lie through my teeth and make up stories about the local Tory Scum but that would be wrong apparently,  that said, they all appear to be dodgy enough that I will have no need to create completely fabricated stories like Timmy has done.

I'm expecting Loughton to not distribute this piece of news, quite as widely as he has previously, because of the fact that I am now clearly free from blame, with regard to all of his pretend allegations, as clearly if I had done anything even borderline illegal, my PIN would not have been revoked.

Maybe Loughton should now issue me with an apology for all of his unfounded allegations of illegal acts, because clearly I have committed none. I assume that he would love to do this, but after "sacking" me, he is unable to send this apology. It's ok Timbo, I will take your unspoken apology as read and get back to you to let you know whether I'm prepared to accept it or not.

TTFO
I CBM