Wednesday 4 December 2013

Veiled threats to enhance community spirit.

I just received a phone call from Sussex Police, this was apparently regarding THIS POST (now censored following the suggested threats).

It was inferred that I got the event all wrong, and that it was pure coincidence that the kids selected for this event were chosen randomly, by the school whose governors read like a "who's who" of Adur District Council.

It was suggested that my post, and my blog in general, is some kind of "attack on the local community", which was then referred to as my community. Let's get one thing straight, I am not represented democratically and therefore I am not part of your community. I do have a community, in which I integrate fully and am happy to be a part of, however the councillors are not part of my community and neither are any other member of their families. We took the youngling out of this school because of the abuse from these people's spoilt brats towards him, and the preferential treatment afforded to them by the school in order to please their governors. We engage with the local kids, and although they aren't always polite or well turned out in appearance, they are still kids, and should still be allowed to participate in community events.

I was basically told to remove the picture, which was alright to be distributed by the local rag, but woe betide anyone who doesn't toe the line when it comes to "the only truth" tm. It was claimed that this was a "request", but in my experience "take it down before tomorrow" is in no way a request of any kind, and to back that up with a claim that if I did not comply then the local police would look to see if any offences had been committed, and in my past experience, whenever anyone upsets ADC, whether an offence has been committed or not, a gang of thugs inevitably turn up on my doorstep and drag me off to Worthing before realising that I have broken no laws.

And don't try and explain community to me, I have to live in it, and all the time that the poor kids are left out of events in favour of the rich brats, and the local authorities apply different rules to people based on their postcodes, don't expect me to be part of your "community".

ATAB
K