Thursday 19 September 2013

After a long and protracted fight.....

.... I am now a human being again. Well in the eyes of the organisation of Adur District Council anyway, just the democratic side to go then.

 As of this week, I am apparently to be treated like a normal person again and after a two year fight, all sanctions have now been removed.


 After my forcing the removal of myself from their blacklist, I managed to point out that their new communications policy, written specifically for me it would appear, insists on a 6 monthly review of sanctions, yet in the two years that these sanctions have been in place, a DPA request proved that there were no reviews. Therefore the first review should have resulted in the removal of sanctions and they clearly have been applying sanctions outside of their own rules for the last 18 months.

 They generally don't like people reading their policies and pointing out the huge gaping holes written into them in order to allow them the ability to adjust them in their favour. They are just not bright enough to realise that a hole in a policy can be exploited by anyone, not just them. This policy in particular must have been written by an idiot, because it took me less that five minutes to respond with a valid challenge after they finally revealed the policy to me. ADC 2 out of 10 for effort, could do better, (especially if they got someone other than Jeremy Cook to actually write a policy rather than simply downloading a template from a local Gov. resource site and cutting out the bits that allow members of the public any rights).

 I wonder how they're planning to provide me with equal democratic rights now that my councillor (Burns), the leader of the council (Parkin), and the chairman (Mendoza) have all been served with police warnings to cease harassment of myself. That's gonna be a bit of a challenge for them, I look forward to their response, although they appear to have cancelled the meeting to discuss this which is a shame.

 As an aside, I recently served a data notice on both ADC and Sussex Police, removing their implied right to share data concerning myself, that should give their partnership agreement a few problems, especially if others decide to do the same. Admittedly, there is a hole in this one too, but I'm not going to publish it in case the agencies involved haven't spotted it yet. Where would be the fun in that eh?

Nytol
K