Sunday 7 April 2013

Local By Election.

Well, looks like we get a By Election in Southlands ward next month along with the County Council elections. As unlike every other councillor in the country, one of ours has actually done the right thing, and resigned before switching from Tory to UKIP, allowing us to actually choose whether we want UKIP or not.

This is beginning to sound like a sensible and informative post, which concerns me somewhat, oh well, never mind, only half a dozen people actually vote anyway so it won't make a vast difference anyway.

Here's our choices:
I'm not too sure what the "Andy" column is for, but it looks like Labour are the only ones that have successfully completed this one, so well done there.

Oh look, there's a Parkin in the mix, what a surprise. Considering that before the last election I was told that Mrs Parkin, yes she is married to the other Parkin, was "promised" this ward, and considering that her husband is on the Tory selection panel, there's little doubt as to the clear nepotism involved here. After increasing his allowance by almost two thirds last year he obviously thinks that he should take some more of our money home with him.

If the tiny amount of voters who bother, decide to elect Mrs Parkin, I assume that I would again have no representation as she is nothing more than a puppet for her husband's attempts to take ownership of Adur, and flog it to the highest bidder. It could be fun for the local papers though, it wouldn't be long before someone managed to capture some footage of her throwing food around in a restaurant, whilst wailing like a banshee and hitting waitresses with her crutches, or pulling down a local shop display and whooping like an overexcited baboon. Personally I'm hoping for another huge screaming tantrum style hissy fit, when she loses, apparently the last one was grrrrrreat, as Tony T Tiger reliably informs me, I'm hoping to witness this one myself though.

I wonder if anyone will bother to knock on my door this time to ask for my vote, they haven't for the last 10 years, so I doubt it, but I'm looking forward to seeing the Parkins wandering around the estate, yeah right...............

K