Monday 1 April 2013

Pillars of the community? Part 2

Well, it's lucky that our local Conservative party have clearly identified myself as "unkempt", as opposed to their representatives who are clean cut and upstanding members of society, otherwise one could be forgiven for thinking that they were talking out of their arses.

As someone who doesn't really do all this smartphone and multi-functioning device nonsense, I was quite disappointed that I didn't have a camera with me on Saturday afternoon/evening. If I did, it would be a helluva lot funnier, as I saw my local Tory district councillor in Shoreham town centre.

This fella:
 
 

Now, don't let the photo fool you, He did not look anything like the "clean cut Tory" put forward on the CONservative literature, in fact, when I spotted him I first thought that he was a new local Jakey and so walked straight past. I then realised who it was and turned to ask him a couple of simple questions, like why I have not had a response from any of my democratically elected representatives for many months despite sending polite and courteous emails requesting a simple acknowledgement of existence. His response, "well, you brought it on yourself, you shouldn't have reported Mr Loughton to the police, should you.", well, that's the completed response, he had to take a few attempts to get the words in the right order, and the word "shouldn't" proved to be a tricky stumbling block. He then staggered into the offie for some more booze, and I went home for my tea, chuckling all the way.

It's all well and good for the local Tories to shout abuse at myself, but they really shouldn't be chucking allegations about if their representatives are staggering around town at 18:00h, under the impression that they are not a merely Councillor, but presenting themselves as more of a Lord (or maybe a newt) stereotype, reeking of booze and dressed like a tramp, looking as if they haven't slept, washed or changed clothes in a week.

If I am being slated by the local Tory party, they better have a closer look at themselves before throwing any more stones. I personally feel comfortable in the clothes I wear, and although not always brand new and up to date, they are always clean, as am I. I rarely consume alcohol, I don't think I've had any this year so far, and I don't use illegal or recreational drugs, I do smoke and swear though, but always in moderation. If the Tories would like me to behave like their representatives and stagger around town pissed as a fart and stinking to high heaven, then that's one more thing that we are never going to agree on, although on a plus note, at least most of our council tax, paid to certain councillors as allowances is being put back into the community via local hostelries and convenience stores.

Well done for buying local............

K