Monday 8 April 2013

Slump in T-Shirt sales.

Well, sales of this one anyway:
 
Yes, "Ding dong, the witch is dead" and all that.
 
Obviously it will come as no surprise, that I shan't be shedding any tears at the news that the rusty old bint finally slid off the plate. I would clearly be a hypocrite if I expressed any remorse whatsoever , I couldn't stand the woman when she was alive, so clearly her becoming marginally more cadaverous, doesn't change a thing.
 
As one of the generation known as "Thatcher's children", I feel that child abuse is not too strong a phrase for what she did to myself and others like me. She gave us the YTS on leaving school, which allowed us to offer slave labour to capitalist exploiters, followed by unemployment after completion of a two year tea making course. Of course there were people who actually gained training and employment through the YTS, I personally know of two people who achieved this, sadly I knew more than a hundred people who were forced onto the scheme.
 
The only positive contributions she ever made as far as I'm concerned, was to the arts. The music, poetry and other art inspired by the grim surroundings that she created, and the unity born of the fact that none of us had a pot to piss in, and we were truly "all in this together".
 
She gave us a lovely day out in Trafalgar Square in 1990, where we got to watch the pro-apartheid SA embassy burn, that was a great day out and was thoroughly enjoyed by all concerned.
 
I loved her Poll tax, well, I loved giving the bastards the run around anyway. I had a lovely day out in court for non payment, where I got the opportunity to refuse to swear the oath on a copy of the New Testament after pointing out that it repeatedly condemns the enforcement of unfair taxes. Strangely enough I lost the case and was supposed to pay the vile fresh air tax, then came 6 years of ducking and diving, and swapping addresses with a small group of friends to make it difficult for them to find us. They did catch me in the end, so I had to pay about 5% of the total amount because the rest had been written off under the 6 year rule.
 
She also taught us to never trust a Tory, a lesson worth it's weight in gold, and still very valid to this day. Expect them to screw you over and take as much as they can to feather their own nest with, and you won't go too far wrong. She made it very easy to judge who would be acceptable to have as a friend as well, all you needed to do was mention her name and the reaction would be instant.
 
She did indeed do a lot for this country's people, we were united in hatred for everything she stood for and despised her destruction of what this country really stood for. She forged bonds within communities made unemployed and left destitute by her decisions, bonds that still survive to this day despite her best attempts to smash them beyond repair with greed, selfishness, oppression and war.
 
She may be dead, but the despicable memory of her actions live on, and will continue to do so, all the time we have her acolytes in power. As for a state funeral, the country's already in enough of a "state" without wasting millions on a mad parade, just stick her in the cold ground where she belongs and be done with it.
 
Isn't there supposed to be a party in Trafalgar Square this Saturday? Best leave the SA Embassy alone this time though.
 
K